We Can Help You File Taxes
Tax season is upon us and we want to help make the process of filing your 2022 income taxes as simple and painless as possible. We’ve created a guide for our members. Here’s what you may need from us to prepare your taxes.
Tax Deadline: April 18, 2023
Your Refund Check
Who Is This Form For?
Form 1099-INT for each person:
- To whom you paid amounts reportable in boxes 1, 3, and 8 of at least $10,
- For whom you withheld and paid any foreign tax on interest, or
- From whom you withheld (and did not refund) any federal income tax under the backup withholding rules regardless of the amount of the payment.
How To Access It
- Your 1099-INT information was included at the end of your December month-end statement.
- Select the My Documents tab to access your 1099-INT and all monthly statements
- Please Note: Your 1099-INT is also available on the mobile app by tapping More > eStatements > Tax Statements
Mortgage Form 1098
Form 1098 is used to report mortgage interest of $600 or more paid by you per loan during the year. If you paid less than $600 in interest you won’t receive a 1098, but instead you can find that information on your year-end statement. You will receive a statement from the institution that holds your mortgage.
Honor or Neighborhood Mortgage Solutions
Ready to File?
Once you’ve gathered all of your required tax documents, here are some important details you’ll need for the filing process to ensure a seamless delivery and refund.
Account Number Information
To find your account / member number:
- Within desktop online banking, it can be found by clicking on Member Services at the top, then eStatements.
- Within the mobile app, tap More on the bottom, then eStatements
Mobile Deposit Your Refund Check
We know filing taxes can be stressful enough, so instead of trying to find time to get to your local Honor member center, you can simply deposit your physical refund check using the Honor app! It’s free to use and only takes a few taps.
Download Our Mobile App Today!
Access Your Refund Early
If you selected to have your tax refund deposited into your account through direct deposit, you can access it early with our Instant Deposit* feature! As soon as you see your direct deposit pending within online banking, or on the mobile app, you can access those funds!
An instant deposit* is defined as early access to a direct deposit that is scheduled to post to your account. An instant deposit is a way for you to gain access to your funds sooner.
How To Request An Instant Deposit
You can request an instant deposit within your online banking, in the Honor app, or by calling 800.442.2800. Follow the steps below for online banking and the mobile app.
$10 fee per instant deposit to gain early access to funds. No checking account required. Direct Deposit and earlier availability of funds are subject to the timing of payer’s funding, and credit union approval. Honor Credit Union cannot guarantee a payer’s funds will be available for instant deposit. Requests per each Direct Deposit must be made within online banking or by contacting the credit union. Insured By NCUA.