Tax Prep Guide
We Can Help You File Taxes
Tax season is upon us and we want to help make the process of filing your 2020 income taxes as simple and painless as possible. We’ve created a guide for our members. Here’s what you may need from us to prepare your taxes.
Who Is This Form For?
Form 1099-INT for each person:
- To whom you paid amounts reportable in boxes 1, 3, and 8 of at least $10,
- For whom you withheld and paid any foreign tax on interest, or
- From whom you withheld (and did not refund) any federal income tax under the backup withholding rules regardless of the amount of the payment.
How To Access It
- Your 1099-INT information was included at the end of your December month-end statement.
- Select the My Documents tab to access your 1099-INT and all monthly statements
- Please Note: Your 1099-INT is also available on the mobile app by tapping More > eStatements > Tax Statements
Mortgage Form 1098
Form 1098 is used to report mortgage interest of $600 or more paid by you during the year. If you paid less than $600 in interest you won’t receive a 1098, but instead you can find that information on your year-end statement. You will receive a statement from the institution that holds your mortgage.
Honor or Neighborhood Mortgage Solutions
Midwest Loan Services
Ready to File?
Once you’ve gathered all of your required tax documents, here are some important details you’ll need for the filing process to ensure a seamless delivery and refund.
Account Number Information
Enjoy A TurboTax Discount
TurboTax makes it easy to file your taxes from the comfort of home, asking simple questions and guiding you every step of the way. Finish now to get your max refund, guaranteed — and save up to $15 for being an Honor member!
Mobile Deposit Your Refund Check
We know filing taxes can be stressful enough, so instead of trying to find time to get to your local Honor member center, you can simply deposit your physical refund check using the Honor app! It’s free to use and only takes a few taps.
How To Make a Mobile Deposit
- Download the Honor app
- Tap Move Money
- Tap Deposit Check
- Enrolling is FREE!
- Please Note: To avoid any delay, please be sure to include “For HCU Mobile Deposit Only” when endorsing the check.