Take a Break From Your Loan Payment
When you just need a little extra cash in your pocket, skipping your next loan payment could be just the ticket to get you ahead. Honor Credit Union’s Skip-A-Pay program allows members to skip a monthly payment on a qualifying loan as long as certain program qualifications are met.
Free Up Extra Cash For When You Need It
Auto, RV, Personal Loans Eligible & More
Use the Honor App, Online Banking, or Text Us
Easy Qualifications & Small Application Fee
How to Skip A Payment
Skipping your next payment is a snap! You can do it from the comfort of your own home within online banking or the mobile app. Or, you can download the fillable form below and return it to us via email or text. As always, you can also print it off and drop it off at any local Honor member center to complete the Skip-A-Pay process!
The easiest and most convenient way to skip your next loan payment is through online banking, or the mobile app. Simply follow these three easy steps:
2. Click the eligible loan you wish to skip a payment on.
3. Click “Skip A Payment” and follow the prompts.
(click image to enlarge)
Email or Text
If you don’t use Honor’s online banking, you can still skip a loan payment. Download the form below and return it to us via email, text, or print it and drop it off at a local Honor member center.
- Download the Skip Payment Form and fill it out right on your computer or mobile device.
- Email the filled out form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the Skip Payment Form and fill it out right on your mobile device.
- Snap a clear picture or screenshot of the entire filled out form on your phone and text it to 800.442.2800.
In-Person or Drive-Thru
If you don’t feel comfortable submitting your Skip-a-Pay form digitally, you can always drop it off at a local member center, or to make it easier, you can return it through a member center drive-thru.
- Download the Skip Payment Form and fill it out.
- Return the filled out form to an Honor team member at a local member center.
- Download the Skip Payment Form.
- Return the filled out form through the drive-thru at a local member center and let the team member know you’d like to skip a loan payment.
- Your account must be in good standing. This means all loans and account balances must be current and in good standing when the Skip Pay Coupon is received by the credit union.
- Loan must be open for a minimum of (6) months prior to skipping loan payment.
- Limit (3) skip pays per calendar year and skipped payments cannot take place in consecutive months.
- Form must be signed by at least one borrower.
- Real estate, lines of credit, and credit card loans are not eligible for this offer.
- Limit (8) skip pays per life of any specific loan.
- There will be a $19 skip pay application fee per loan. If you choose to have the application fee deducted from your credit union account, the funds must be available for withdrawal.
- If you choose to skip your payment and your loan payment automatically transfers from an Honor account, it will not transfer during that month. You will not need to do anything with your automatic transfers, except in the following circumstances:
- If you skip the payment on the day it’s due, please contact the credit union to stop the automatic transfer and for assistance advancing your due date forward.
- If you choose to skip your payment and your loan payment automatically transfers from an outside source, you’ll need to contact the automatic payment source to stop that month’s payment.
By completing a Skip-A-Payment you are requesting Honor Credit Union to advance the loan due date equal to one month’s payment. You understand that the current balance of the loan is extended by the amount of the payment skipped and that interest will continue to accrue on your loan balance throughout the deferred payment period, which may further extend the term of your loan. If there is more than one borrower on a loan, only one borrower is required to authorize a Skip-A-Payment request. Using Skip-A-Payment on an auto loan may impact your GAP (Guaranteed Asset Protection) benefit if applicable. Please note that GAP coverage only allows for one skip payment for the life of the loan. If GAP was purchased at the dealership, these restrictions could differ. For more information on your GAP coverage, please give us a call at 800.442.2800.