A total of 25 graduating high school seniors throughout Michigan were each awarded $1,000 to be used towards furthering their education.
Apply To Win a $1,000 Scholarship!
Staying true to our roots in education, Honor Credit Union is proud to support outstanding high school seniors in all of our communities through the annual Honor Credit Union Community Commitment Scholarships. In 2023, Honor will award 28 scholarships worth $1,000 each. Each scholarship is for one year and does not renew.
Selection & Scoring Criteria
Our selection committee will consider the following (based on a 20-point rubric):
- Community Involvement (up to 8 points possible)
- Essay (up to 8 points possible)
- GPA (up to 4 points possible)
- A minimum score of 10 points is required to be eligible for this scholarship.
Any additional information not requested in the application (letters, recommendations, etc.) will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
- Winners will be notified by Honor Credit Union, typically in late-April.
- Checks will be made payable to the educational institution the winner included in their application
- The checks will be mailed directly to that institution after August 1st.
Twenty-five students throughout Michigan were awarded $1,000 to be used towards furthering their education. The following students exemplify community commitment and are positive role models for their community service and academic success. These applicants were selected out of over 100 applications received for 2022:
- Bryndís Davis – Andrews Academy
- William Gibson – Brandywine High School
- Matthew DeMeulenare – Bridgman High School
- Stephanie DeMeulenare – Bridgman High School
- Paigelyn Stansberry – Bronson Jr/Sr High School
- Claire Lietz – Buchanan High School
- Kaleb Barker – Coldwater High School
- Lauren Ogrin – Decatur High School
- Jada Shields – Dowagiac Union High School
- Keegan Woods – Gwinn High School
- Victoria Oropeza – Kalamazoo Central High School
- Isaac Bos – Kalamazoo Christian High School
- Caroline Beckrow – Lakeshore High School
- Maria Long – Lawton High School
- Ethan Richards – Marquette Senior High School
- Alexandra Cudney – Mattawan High School
- Lauren Ossenheimer – Negaunee High School
- Jacob Zartman – Otsego High School
- Mia Crites – Otsego High School
- Zachary Kortokrax – Otsego High School
- Brooklyn Garrison-Osborn – Pennfield High School
- Alyssa Wilson – South Haven High School
- Christopher Adam – St. Philip Catholic Central High School
- Owen Bishop – Vicksburg High School
- Hannah Hart – Watervliet High School
Check out our past Community Commitment Scholarship winners from across Michigan.
Learn which 23 students throughout Michigan received $1,000 to be used towards furthering their education.
BERRIEN SPRINGS, MI – May 14, 2020 – Honor Credit Union is proud to support local outstanding high school seniors