Honor Announces 2022 Community Commitment Scholarship Winners
BERRIEN SPRINGS, MICHIGAN – June 3, 2022 – Honor Credit Union proudly supports local, outstanding high school seniors with the annual Honor Credit Union Community Commitment Scholarship. Twenty-five students throughout Michigan were awarded $1,000 to be used towards furthering their education. Reinforcing Honor Credit Union’s dedication to supporting the local community, emphasizing extracurricular activities and what that means for applicants was included in the scholarship essay.
The following students exemplify community commitment and are positive role models for their community service and academic success. These applicants were selected out of over 100 applications received for 2022:
- Bryndís Davis – Andrews Academy
- William Gibson – Brandywine High School
- Matthew DeMeulenare – Bridgman High School
- Stephanie DeMeulenare – Bridgman High School
- Paigelyn Stansberry – Bronson Jr/Sr High School
- Claire Lietz – Buchanan High School
- Kaleb Barker – Coldwater High School
- Lauren Ogrin – Decatur High School
- Jada Shields – Dowagiac Union High School
- Keegan Woods – Gwinn High School
- Victoria Oropeza – Kalamazoo Central High School
- Isaac Bos – Kalamazoo Christian High School
- Caroline Beckrow – Lakeshore High School
- Maria Long – Lawton High School
- Ethan Richards – Marquette Senior High School
- Alexandra Cudney – Mattawan High School
- Lauren Ossenheimer – Negaunee High School
- Jacob Zartman – Otsego High School
- Mia Crites – Otsego High School
- Zachary Kortokrax – Otsego High School
- Brooklyn Garrison-Osborn – Pennfield High School
- Alyssa Wilson – South Haven High School
- Christopher Adam – St. Philip Catholic Central High School
- Owen Bishop – Vicksburg High School
- Hannah Hart – Watervliet High School
This year brought a new excitement of getting back into several schools throughout our communities to personally present some of our winners with their scholarships at school award ceremonies. Some of these mentioned in-person presentations took place in our Battle Creek and Coldwater communities.
“I was incredibly honored to present these awards in person to this year’s 2022 recipients,” commented Honor’s Community Assistant Vice President, Jenni Cordova. “Being in person allowed me to celebrate and recognize them for their hard work and amazing commitments to their communities and see all their smiling faces.”
ABOUT HONOR CREDIT UNION
Honor Credit Union is a non-profit, full-service financial institution serving over 100,000 members in 25 member center communities throughout western and northern Michigan.
Providing solutions for financial success and giving back to the communities we serve remain the driving forces behind Honor Credit Union. For more information, call 800.442.2800, or visit www.honorcu.com.
800.442.2800 ext. 9205
More To Explore
Learn which 23 students throughout Michigan received $1,000 to be used towards furthering their education.
BERRIEN SPRINGS, MI – May 14, 2020 – Honor Credit Union is proud to support local outstanding high school seniors