We're Here To Support You
Since we first opened our doors in 1934, we’ve been committed to supporting the teachers in our local communities. We know our educators put in long hours to help make our future brighter, oftentimes with limited resources. On this page you will learn about our annual Teacher Awards initiative, student credit unions, and a few of the ways we support our teachers and students.
2020 Teacher Award Form
Our 2020 Teacher Awards submission deadline has passed. We will be reaching out to winners between November 23, 2020 – December 18, 2020. Thank you to everyone who applied!
Special $250 Offer!
Here at Honor, we believe a financial partner should serve its members and the communities where they live, work, and play. We want to help you reach your goals and achieve financial success. And right now, we want to help you start your journey with a FREE $250 when you become a member and open a checking account!
$250 Checking Account
Earn 3.00% APY On
23 Member Center
Locations Across Michigan
Become A Member & Receive Up To $250!*
In staying true to our roots as a teachers credit union, we offer the educators in our communities a chance to win $100 in our Annual Teacher Awards. This money is for teachers to put towards improvements for their classroom! Stay tuned for the start of the 2020 application period.
- Elise Millmier (Allegan Public Schools)
- Julie Ziemelis (Allegan Public Schools)
- Lindsay Bannatyne (Allegan Public Schools)
- Mark Meyers (Bangor Public Schools)
- Terrin Boe (Battle Creek Public Schools)
- Laura McWethy (Battle Creek Public Schools)
- Andrea Lemon (Berrien RESA)
- Mica Borden (Berrien Springs Public Schools)
- Lynne Listenberger (Brandywine Community Schools)
- Jillian Klunder (Bridgman Public Schools)
- Jessica Leenhouts (Buchanan Community Schools)
- Katherine Cattes (Coloma Community School District)
- Kathy Hollacher (Countryside Academy)
- Pam Baker (Covert Public Schools)
- Molly Dobberstein (Decatur Public Schools)
- Karen Nuckels (Decatur Public Schools)
- Alicia Stout (Dowagiac Union Schools)
- Debora Barber (Dowagiac Union Schools)
- May Reed (Eau Claire Public Schools)
- Amanda Kainulainen (Gwinn Area Community Schools)
- Kaitlin Rich (Ishpeming Public Schools)
- Heidi Ellis (Kalamazoo Public Schools)
- Johnette Kurina (Lake Michigan Catholic)
- Loni Fleming (Lakeview School District)
- Jesse Kainulainen (Marquette Area Public Schools)
- Lori Shivley (Marshall Public Schools)
- Jacob Schmeltzer (Negaunee Public Schools)
- Jodi Johnson (Negaunee Public Schools)
- Heather Sokoloski (Otsego Public Schools)
- Melissa Garrett (Otsego Public Schools)
- Lisa Koop (Portage Public Schools)
- Terri Adriance (Portage Public Schools)
- Jennifer Longardner (Quincy Community Schools)
- Tina King (Redwood Elementary School)
- Rose Montie (River Valley School District)
- Kristin Morlock (Riverside Hagar #6 School)
- Michelle Kubath (St. Paul’s Lutheran Church and School)
- Laura Chang (Vicksburg Community Schools)
- Sawyer Duncan (Vicksburg Community Schools)
- Jess Swackhamer (Village SDA School)
How Honor Supports Students
Student Credit Unions
We’ve been teaching youngsters about money management for as long as we can remember. Our Student Credit Union program has been around for over 10 years and has grown every year. For the 2019-20 school year we had 18 student credit unions. They are run by student workers, and offer a great experience for our young savers.
Our Youth Accounts are a great way for toddlers on up to teenagers to learn about saving and managing money. Whether they find a nickel on the ground, or get a crisp $20 bill on their birthday, we’re here to help teach the value of saving. There are also a few perks for the parents as well. Check out our Youth Accounts page to see how we help setup the next generation for success.
*New memberships only. $250 paid when new member opens a checking account with a minimum deposit of $25 and has at least one direct deposit totaling $100 per month. Direct deposit must be made within 60 days of account opening. Bonus will be paid within 30 days of direct deposit posting to new account. New account must remain open and maintain a positive balance for at least 90 days. If criteria is not met, $250 bonus will be withdrawn from account. Limit one $250 bonus per new member. Honor employees and immediate family members ineligible. Offer subject to change without notice. New members must open account online at honorcu.com/teachers. This is a gift, please consult your tax advisor. Not valid with any other offer. Limited time offer. Insured by NCUA.
**$25 minimum deposit required. 3.00% APY earned on balances of up to $10,000.00. ATM foreign surcharge fees will be refunded monthly up to $20/month. Requires e-Statements, Direct Deposit, at least 12 debit card transactions that clear your account as signature-based debit transactions per month (note that Honor posts transactions based on how they are received from merchants) and minimum 1 monthly online banking login to earn 3.00% APY. Members not meeting requirements will not earn ATM foreign surcharge fee refunds. No free checks offered on this account. One account per Member. Annual Percentage Yield (APY) as of 05/01/18; Rate is variable and may change after account is opened. Insured by NCUA.