Tax Prep Guide
Tax season is upon us and we want to help make the process of filing your 2018 income taxes as simple and painless as possible. We've created a guide for our members. Here's what you may need from us to prepare your taxes.
Tax Day 2019: A friendly reminder the deadline to file taxes is Monday, April 15th.
Your 1099-INT information was included at the end of your December month-end statement.
Access it Online
- Select the My Documents tab to access your 1099-INT and all monthly statements
Form 1098 Information
Form 1098 is used to report mortgage interest of $600 or more received by you during the year in the course of your trade or business from an individual, including a sole proprietor. The location of your 1098 Form all depends on loan servicing, but both are easily accessible.
Through Honor or Neighborhood Mortgage Solutions (NMS)
- You will receive a Form 1098 in the mail by the end of January (mailed separately if interest expense exceeds $600).
- You can access it electronically by February 1st within Online Banking.
Through Midwest Loan services
- You will receive a Form 1098 in the mail by the end of January.
- You can access it electronically if you're enrolled in Midwest's online account.
Ready To File?
Great! Once you've gathered all of your required tax documents, here are some important details you’ll need for the actual filing process to ensure a seamless delivery:
- Honor Routing Number: 272484852
- Account Number: You must provide your full account number, including the specific three digit sub-account suffix (do not include any dashes or spaces) in which you would like your funds deposited.
- Example: 20012345001 - the last three digits are your specific account suffix, such as checking, or a specific savings account.
- To find your account suffix, log in to Online Banking or Mobile Banking and you will find the three-digit suffix listed next to the account name.
If you have any questions regarding the tax return process, please call/text our Member Solutions Center at 800.442.2800 or chat with us at honorcu.com.Go to main navigation