Community Commitment Scholarship
Staying true to its roots in education, Honor Credit Union is proud to support outstanding high school seniors in all of our communities through the annual Honor Credit Union Community Commitment Scholarships. For the 2018-19 academic year, Honor will award 25 scholarships worth $1,000 each. Each scholarship is for one year and does not renew. Please review the information below before applying:
- Be a graduating high school or home school senior.
- Be a member of Honor Credit Union and be the primary account holder at time of application and scholarship presentation (all students qualify for membership).
- Have been accepted at an accredited U.S. post-secondary education institution, or an accredited U.S. trade or vocational school.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrate academic achievement and community involvement.
- Applicants may NOT be current Honor Credit Union employees or board members.
- Applicants may NOT be children or grandchildren of current Honor Credit Union employees or board members.
- Brochure: View the 2018-19 scholarship brochure with complete details
Selection & Scoring Criteria
Our selection committee will consider the following:
- Community Involvement (counts for 8 out of a possible 20 points)
- Essay (counts for 8 out of a possible 20 points)
- GPA (counts for 4 out of a possible 20 points)
- Any additional information (letters, recommendations, etc.) will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
- A minimum score of 10 total points is required to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Winners will be notified by Honor Credit Union, typically in late-April.
- Checks will be made payable to the educational institution the winner included in their application and the checks will be mailed directly to that institution after August 1st.