Honor Donates $46,500 In Honor Of Giving Tuesday
BERRIEN SPRINGS, MICHIGAN – December 3, 2021 – Just as the giving season begins, Honor has stepped up to give back and make a difference in our communities. In honor of Giving Tuesday on November 30th, Honor Credit Union provided $18,500 to its team members through a $50 bonus to pay it forward and presented 28 organizations throughout Michigan with a $1,000 donation.
Giving Tuesday is a global initiative that encourages people and organizations to donate their time and money to charitable causes on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. The 28 organizations hand-chosen by Honor team members all share a common theme; they are charitable organizations committed to paying it forward in their community.
“We have an internal commitment at Honor to find ways to cultivate peace and love within our organization and in our communities. To us, this commitment means that we continuously fill needs we see and help spread kindness.” stated Melissa Pratt, Honor’s VP of Culture.
“Credit unions were built on the philosophy of People Helping People, and we strive to fulfill that on a daily basis. Giving Tuesday provided us a great opportunity to showcase how Honor lives this philosophy by giving back to these incredible organizations who are helping our communities each and every day.”
Honor’s Community Assistant Vice Presidents made their rounds on Tuesday to personally present each of the following organizations with their $1,000 check:
- Alex Mandarino Foundation (St. Joseph)
- Action Ministries (Dowagiac)
- American Legion Post #44 (Marquette)
- Area Agency on Aging (St. Joseph)
- The Avenue Family Network (Benton Harbor)
- Berrien County Suicide Prevention Coalition
- Christian Neighbors (Plainwell)
- D.A. Blodgett (Wyoming, MI)
- Decatur Police Department / Child Safety of America
- Eleanor’s Pantry (Paw Paw)
- Harbor Country Mission (Bridgman)
- Hidden Acres Safe Haven (Dowagiac)
- Humane Society of SW Michigan
- Kiwanis Clubs of Niles/SW Michigan
- Life Action Ministries (Buchanan)
- Moosewood Nature Center (Marquette)
- Mosaic CCDA (Benton Harbor)
- Open Doors Kalamazoo
- Operation Christmas Care (Berrien Springs)
- Red Bud Area Ministries (Buchanan)
- SAFE Place (Battle Creek)
- Shelter House (Coldwater)
- Southwest Michigan Community Action Agency (Benton Harbor)
- Summit Financial Wellness (Berrien County)
- Toys for Tots (Marquette)
- Twelve Baskets (Portage)
- Veterans Helping Veterans (Springfield)
- We Care (South Haven)
Honor Credit Union is proud to serve more than 98,000 members across the State of Michigan. Providing solutions for your financial success and giving back to the communities we serve remain the driving forces behind Honor Credit Union. For more information, call 800.442.2800, or visit www.honorcu.com.
Public Relations Manager
800.442.2800 ext. 9501
More To Explore
Honor is pleased to announce the 2022 Community Commitment Scholarship window is now open for applications. The deadline to apply is March 15th.
In her role, Luciani will drive strategic initiatives that promote growth and financial sustainability for Honor Credit Union.