Samsung Pay Frequently Asked Questions
We want to make sure your experience using your Honor debit or credit card with Samsung Pay is a simple experience, so we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions.
Does Honor support Samsung Pay?
- Yes. All Honor members can now add their debit and credit cards to Samsung Pay. Honor HSA debit cards are not eligible at this time.
How do I set up Samsung Pay?
- First you must download the Samsung Pay app from the Google Play™ Store. After setting up your security settings with a fingerprint scan and pin, adding a new card is as simple as snapping a picture of the card from within the Samsung Pay app. Once you review and agree to the terms of service you will be prompted to verify your identity with a One Time Password.
Are my payments safe with Samsung Pay?
- Yes. Your card in Samsung Pay is protected by your PIN, iris or fingerprint scan. A digital card number, separate and unique from your physical card account number, is used to make a purchase with Samsung Pay. Your physical card details are never shown in the app or shared with a merchant when making purchases.
Is Samsung Pay free to use?
- Yes, Samsung Pay is free to use. However, be aware that message and data rates may apply.
How do I use Samsung Pay?
- Make sure you have at least one card selected as a "Favorite."
- No need to unlock your phone when you're at a store. You can bring up a card by swiping up from the bottom of the lock screen or home screen.
- Choose whether you want to verify with your PIN, or fingerprint or iris scan.
- Simply hold your phone near the payment terminal. If it's a scan terminal for debit cards tap your phone year the magnetic stripe line where you swipe a card. If it's a NFC terminal, just tap your phone.
- That's it. You're ready to start shopping!
Why does my card image look different from my physical card?
- Your card image within Samsung Pay is a digital representation of your physical Honor credit or debit card. The image or card account number you see may not be an exact copy of your Honor card.
Where can I use Samsung Pay?
- Samsung Pay is accepted by more than a million stores across the United States. Stores include McDonalds®, Best Buy®, Office Depot®, Walgreens® and many, many more.
What should I do when I receive a renewed or replacement card?
- Your digital card number will be connected to your new card number automatically. You can use your eligible card in Samsung Pay to make purchases even before receiving your new physical card.
How do I remove a card from Samsung Pay?
- Open Samsung Pay.
- Select the card you want to delete and from the drop-down menu in the top right of the screen select "Delete card."
- Verify your fingerprint or PIN.
Where can I get more information on Samsung Pay?
- More information is available at www.samsung.com/us/samsung-pay/
Need Help With Samsung Pay?
If you have looked everything over and still have questions, one of our Honor team members would be happy to help you set up Samsung Pay on your phone.Go to main navigation