Compare Home Loans
Whether you’re buying your first home or your dream home, or if you simply want to refinance your current loan, Honor Credit Union has a product for you. With a wide variety of home loan options, Honor Credit Union is committed to finding the best product to fit your needs. We even offer portfolio loans for our members who don’t fit into a box.
If you're not sure what the best option is for you, talk to a local lender in your area. We want to hear your story!
Loan Types Available
- ZERO Down, ZERO PMI Loan* - Don't empty your account with a down payment! For a limited time you can get a mortgage with zero money down and zero Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI). It's an ideal mortgage for first time home buyers, young families, or families looking to downsize or relocate. An Honor mortgage expert will listen to your story and customize the best loan for you.
- Conventional Loan - A conventional, or conforming, mortgage adheres to, Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) or Freddie Mac guidelines. We offer conventional fixed rate loans in a variety of terms up to 30 years.
- Portfolio Loan - This is a loan retained by Honor Credit Union that may or may not meet Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac guidelines. A portfolio loan is beneficial to the borrower because it offers flexible payment terms, such as bi-weekly payments. These loans are ideal for unique situations that a member of the Honor mortgage team can go over with you.
- Jumbo Loan - A mortgage for an amount that exceeds conventional Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae loan limits.
- FHA Loan - A mortgage insured by the Federal Housing Administration. Borrowers pay for mortgage insurance, which protects the lender from a loss if the borrower defaults on the loan. FHA loans offer competitive rates and flexible qualification requirements.
- RD (Rural Development) Loan - A rural development or USDA home loan is designed to give low and moderate income households the opportunity to own a home as a primary residence in eligible rural areas. They are issued through the USDA Rural Development Guaranteed Housing Loan Program and offer up to 100 percent financing.
- Vacant Land / Lot Loan - Allows a borrower to purchase a vacant lot or piece of undeveloped land.
- Construction Loan - A borrower can finance the building of a home or large real estate improvement project using a construction loan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Getting pre-approved is easy! You can simply apply online. Click here to start!
You can also contact a local Honor lender to set up an appointment. One of the advantages of working with Honor Credit Union for your home loan is the comfort you will feel knowing you can contact your lender directly or stop by his or her office anytime you have questions. Another advantage is that our lenders live in the markets they serve, and all decisions are made locally.
Once your offer to purchase a home has been accepted and signed, you are ready to meet with your lender to turn your pre-approval into a loan application. Please download the document below for a checklist of items that must be provided to your lender in order for them to lock in your interest rate and process your application in a timely manner.
Yes! In fact, applying for a home mortgage loan is the FIRST thing you should do before you begin your search for the perfect home.
During this process, your lender will provide guidance on the best loan option to fit your situation along with an approved loan amount. Your lender will also give you a pre-approval letter, which signifies that you are a qualified buyer. You can share this letter with your realtor to include with your offer to purchase a home.
Not only will your pre-approval letter add more weight to any offers you submit, but it will also guide your home search.
Mortgage interest rates fluctuate based on a variety of factors, including inflation, the pace of economic growth, and Federal Reserve policy.
Over time, inflation has the largest influence on the level of interest rates. A modest rate of inflation will almost always lead to low interest rates, while concerns about rising inflation normally cause interest rates to increase. Our nation's central bank, the Federal Reserve, implements policies designed to keep inflation and interest rates relatively low and stable.
Honor Credit Union's mortgage lending team is here to take the stress out of the home-buying process. One benefit of working with our lenders is that they live in the markets they serve, and all decisions are made locally. If you have questions, they have answers. Contact one of our local lenders today. We want to hear your story!
*Offer valid on purchases and refinances of primary residences only. Max loan amount is $453,100. Minimum (1) direct deposit into Honor checking account per month is required. Subject to credit approval. Rates, terms and conditions subject to change and may vary based on credit worthiness, qualifications and collateral conditions. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions. Current Honor mortgages not eligible for refinance. Limited-time offer. Equal Housing Opportunity. Federally Insured By NCUA.Go to main navigation