Google Pay Frequently Asked Questions
We want to make sure your experience using your Honor debit or credit card with Google Pay is a simple experience, so we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions on this page.
Does Honor support Google Pay?
- Yes. All Honor members can now add their debit and credit cards to Google Pay. Honor HSA debit cards are not eligible at this time.
How do I set up Google Pay?
- First you must download the Google Pay app from the Google Play™ Store. If your Honor cards are already linked to your Google account, you can quickly add them to the Google Pay app by confirming a few details. To add a new card, it’s as simple as snapping a picture.
Are my payments safe with Google Pay?
- Yes. When you use Google Pay, your card number isn’t stored on your phone or given to the merchant. Through tokenization, a unique virtual account number is created specifically for that card on that device.
Is Google Pay free to use?
- Yes, Google Pay is free to use. However, be aware that message and data rates may apply.
How do I use Google Pay?
Unlock your device (no need to open the app).
Hold the back of your device near a contactless payment terminal.
- Your phone will beep or vibrate, and you’ll receive a confirmation on-screen letting you know the payment was made.
Why does my card image look different from my physical card?
Your card image within Google Pay is a digital representation of your physical Honor credit or debit card. The image you see may not be an exact copy of your Honor card.
Where can I use Google Pay?
- Google Pay is accepted by more than a million stores across the United States. Stores include McDonalds®, Best Buy®, Office Depot®, Walgreens® and many, many more.
What should I do when I receive a renewed or replacement card?
- When a card enrolled in Google Pay expires or is replaced due to loss, theft or fraud, and you receive a replacement, you'll need to remove that card and add your new replacement card.
How do I remove a card from Google Pay?
- Open Google Pay.
- Select the card you want to delete to get to the "back of card" view.
- Select "Remove card".
Need Help With Google Pay?
If you have looked everything over and still have questions, one of our Honor team members would be happy to help you set up Google Pay on your phone.Go to main navigation