Free Checking That Pays You Interest
A free checking account that pays you interest is just too good to be true, right? Wrong! Your Benefits Checking account will pay you a high rate of interest on your average daily balance every month. It’s just another way we are committed to making your money work for you.
Earns 3.00% APY On
Balances Up To $10,000*
No Monthly Or
Minimum Balance Fees
Up To $20 Per Month
In ATM Fee Refunds*
1. Login to Online Banking
2. In the New Accounts Tab, select More Share Info
3. Choose either Benefits Checking or Connect Checking
Give our Virtual Member Center a call at 800.442.2800.
Stop by a local Honor member center to open a checking account.
Not a member?
No problem. Open an account today to start earning cash back or interest!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
A Checking Account That Pays You
- Earn 3.00% APY* on daily balances up to $10,000
- No minimum balance requirements to earn interest
- You can earn interest the day you deposit your paycheck
Access Cash When You Need It
- You can receive up to $20 cash back each month in ATM surcharge reimbursements*, so if you’re in a pinch and need cash from an ATM you don’t have to worry
- Use your money when you need it with Honor’s debit and ATM cards
It’s easy to take advantage of our free interest-earning Benefits Checking account!
- Make 12 or more debit card transactions per month using your signature. (PIN transactions are not eligible)
- Have a valid email address and enroll in monthly eStatements
- Set a direct deposit to go to your Benefits Checking account
- Minimum of one (1) monthly online banking login
Use our calculator to determine how much interest you can earn on your average daily balance with a Benefits Checking account.
Checking Account FAQs
Setting up or switching your direct deposit to Honor is as easy as a click of a button with our ClickSWITCH tool. We also have a simple form you can fill out and submit to your employer’s HR department.
Absolutely! Paying your bills online with Honor is free and easy.
Visit our Online Bill Pay page to learn how to set up everything in Online Banking.
Not a Member Yet?
No problem. First, let’s get you into the Honor family with our simple clickSWITCH tool.
Yes! Both of our checking accounts give you access to over 35,000 surcharge-free ATMs across the country. As an added bonus, our Benefits Checking account pays you up to $20 each month in surcharge reimbursements if you use an ATM that is not in our network.
Leaving The Country?
- Simply give us a heads up before you leave by calling us at 800.442.2800 or stop by a local Honor branch so we know to expect transactions from your destination.
- Beware of blocked and sanctioned countries. The Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) of the US Department of Treasury has a current list of those countries. If the country you are visiting is on this list, ALL card activity will be blocked per the requirement from OFAC. On occasion, Honor Credit Union may block countries in addition to those listed on the OFAC list, but should there be additional countries, they would be listed here.
- While debit and credit cards are accepted in most countries, MasterCard charges foreign currency conversion fees for purchases made with their credit and debit cards, in addition to ATM cash withdrawal fees.
No! Honor Credit Union doesn’t charge per-check fees for either checking account.
There are three ways to reorder checks!
- Login to Online Banking
- Click the orange “OC” icon next to Checking on the main Account Summary page.
You can reorder checks by visiting the Deluxe website.
You can stop by any local member center and speak with an Honor team member to order more checks.
*$25 minimum deposit required. 3.00% APY earned on balances of up to $10,000.00. ATM foreign surcharge fees will be refunded monthly up to $20/month. Requires e-Statements, Direct Deposit, at least 12 debit card transactions that clear your account as signature-based debit transactions per month (note that Honor posts transactions based on how they are received from merchants) and minimum 1 monthly online banking login to earn 3.00% APY. Members not meeting requirements will not earn ATM foreign surcharge fee refunds. No free checks offered on this account. One account per Member. Annual Percentage Yield (APY) as of 05/01/18; Rate is variable and may change after account is opened. Insured by NCUA